- XMP Bursters are one of the offensive Ingress items.
- XMP Bursters are leveled from 1 to 8, and each one has a different damage and range. As always, you can only use XMP’s that are your level or lower.
- XMPs produce a blast of XM energy in all directions in a radius dependent on the burster level.
- There is a chance that XMP produces double the normal damage on some of the impacted resonators.
- By holding the fire button and watching the energy pulse from outer ring to the center, the closer to the center when released the higher the Attack Bonus, up to 20%
- Firing: long press the map screen to load firing menu
- Firing: access the fire button under the desired XMP in the inventory tab within the OPS menu
- Recycling: replacing unwanted items in inventory with XM from within the Inventory option in the OPS menu.
- Dropping: dropping the item on the ground to allow another player to pick up. Can be done within the Inventory option in the OPS menu.
Bursters actually only damage Portal Resonators and Mods, but a portal can only hold links and fields if it has at least 3 resonators, so you will destroy all links and control fields that are connected to it when destroy its resonators
- Destroying Resonator = +75 AP
- Destroying Link = +187 AP
- Destroying Control Field = +750 AP
This is a place holder for something important I might think of later.