- They are obtained by Hacking Portals.
- Resonators can range from level 1 to level 8.
- Each resonator level is colored differently and have different amount of energy that they can hold.
- The Portal level depends on the resonators deployed on it.
- Portal Level also controls linking distance.Resonators are the key Ingress item for building a Portal.
- Each Portal has 8 slots for resonators and you can deploy or upgrade them.
- Resonators are used to align, power and level up Portals for your Faction.
- Every resonator level contains a different amount of XM energy.
- Resonators can be dropped, picked up or recycled.
- Resonators are the only items that decay, or lose XM over time.
- Resonators are the only item to decay, and only when they are deployed. When you deploy a resonator to a portal it will decay 15% of its energy capacity every day. If it is not recharged, it will decay after 7 days.
- Deploying: placing a resonator on a portal through the deployment screen on the game scanner.
- Recycling: replacing unwanted items in inventory with XM from within the Inventory option in the OPS menu.
- Recharging: replacing the stored XM charge on a resonator by means of being within the range area or by use of a Portal Key.
- Upgrading: Replacing a resonator with one of a higher level.
- Dropping: Dropping the item on the ground to allow another player to pick up. Can be done within the Inventory option in the OPS menu.
- + 125 AP – Deploying resonator
- + 500 AP – Capturing portal (deploying first resonator)
- + 250 AP – Fill up the portal (deploy to the last available resonator slot)
- Portal must be neutral or captured by your faction.
- You need to have enough XM to perform the action.
- Portal needs to have a free slot for resonator.
- You need to be at the action range from the portal in order to deploy a resonator.
- Every deploy action cost you some XM depending on Resonator Level
- You can only use resonators that are your level or lower (See the Deploy Resonator Level Limit below)
There are 8 resonator slots which are placed north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west and northwest from the portal. The first slot in which the resonator will be deployed is the one that is empty and closest to player’s location. When resonators are deployed, the distance between them and the portal is the same as the distance between the player and the portal. The Greater the distance, the better the defense for a Portal.