- They are obtained by Hacking Portals.
- Each Portal has 4 slots for mods and you can deploy 2 of them.
- Link Amps can be dropped, picked up or recycled.
- Deploying: deploying a Link Amp on a portal through the MOD status screen in the scanner.
- Recycling: replacing unwanted items in inventory with XM from within the Inventory option in the OPS menu.
- Dropping: Dropping the item on the ground to allow another player to pick up. Can be done within the Inventory option in the OPS menu.
- +125 AP per Mod Installed
- Portal must be captured by your faction.
- You need to have enough XM to perform the action.
- Portal needs to have a free slot for a mod.
- You need to be at the action range from the portal in order to deploy a Link Amp.
- Every deploy action cost you some XM.
Very Rare Link Amps are unstable and long distance links often fail.